They’ve done it yet again….
Zentique has outdone expectations again with their new reclaimed oak line which we can’t wait to buy, own and use ourselves! Now available for purchase through Remote Stylist, but not yet in the shop. If you want details, Ask a Stylist (for now!)
#1: Andrea , Catherine, Lara Tea Table
#2: Chiffany Waste, Tissue Box, Nesting Trays, Orchid Mirror Bottom Tray
#3: Flora Gray, Brighton, Anjelica Ivory, Barocco
We’re still loading these into our shop -if you spot one you have to have Ask a Stylist for pricing details.
Q: What’s often overlooked but one of the easiest style fixes in kitchens or baths
…provided you have a plumber on speed dial!
A: The Faucet
Who better to reach out to to talk faucet shop then the crew at Pfister; we still think about the ones they sent to install in kitchens and baths at our Muskoka pop up cottage back in 2011- heavenly and what a transformation (see those photos after the jump!)
It’s one of the simplest changes to any kitchen or bathroom, but we’ve seen it happen oh so many times — people get so wrapped up in the decision process, fretting over making the wrong choice! So how do you know what’s right rather than standing in the aisle feeling totally overwhelmed?! Before we share the 5 secrets to picking a good faucet lets first tell you to stop thinking of it as a piece of hardware, that like flooring, can’t easily be changed. Sure, it’s going to cost you to get the plumber to come back and switch it, but the cost of that is minimal and if you pay attention like we did while he did it, you’ll learn how not to have to call him the next time (really, it’s that easy!).
The 5 Secrets of Painless Faucet Shopping
1. Configuration: There is nothing worse than picking out a faucet only to find out it won’t work with your sink when the plumber arrives. Before you do anything get a flashlight and get under your sink and figure out whether it is a 1, 2 or 3 hole version. Let’s break this down
2. Function: Think about HOW you’ll use it before you even go to the store. Do you have a lot of big pots to clean that are awkward in the sink? If so, you’ll want one with a pull-out spray head. Other options include spray & stream functions, and pause options.
3. Water Conservation: With the cost of water, alongside every other utility, on the rise, be on the lookout for the ones marked CONSERVE water. You’ll thank us in the long run
4. Finish: The finish should fit with your space, but also complement the style of faucet. Traditional homes likes warmer finishes like Tuscan Bronze, where as polished chrome tends to fit more with a contemporary or modern space. Spot the difference below
5. Style: You should like it, and it should look current! Style is a personal factor but here are some kitchen inspiration visual guidelines to make sure our definitions of current are the same
If all else fails and you don’t trust your own judgement, use our free Ask a Stylist service. Shoot over a pic of your kitchen/bath/bar/laundry room sink and we’ll help you decide.
See something you like above? Scroll back up, click the image and buy it now – shipping is $1, duties included, to Canada/USA. How easy is that!?]]>
Ever wonder what the top sellers are at vendors?! We do constantly, so we asked Surya. The results are below, but better yet – they’ll finally be available for you to shop in our site next week too. In the interim if you spot something you have to have, ask a Stylist to pull you details.
Looking back wondering where on earth the time went is easily encapsulated when we realize how much product we’ve seen in the last few days alone! Thought we’d share things that others are on the hunt for to display the variety.
…and yes we sell them all, they just aren’t uploaded yet! If you’re interested use the live chat to ask a Stylist for details. If we can help find you something else, use the comments or the live chat to tell us what you need so you don’t have to waste time searching.]]>
You’re pregnant – let the research begin! Somewhere in the process you’ll find yourself staring at the cutest nursery you could ever imagine wishing you could do exactly that …
You start by rearranging what you have, asking your friends for ideas and then hitting the local stores. If you’re anything like me however, you’ll likely end up overwhelmed by options and frustrated by your lack of progress quickly. Unless by some stroke of magic we happen to be standing in front of that exact crib you want, you spend an absurd amount of time “researching” and then trying to buy. If you’re story is anything like mine that involves finding it online, then going to another 10 sites because while it’s listed, its actually not in stock, then finally finding a place that has it, adding it to your cart only to get a notification message that says SORRY – WE DON’T SHIP TO YOUR AREA.
Imagine if someone could just do all that for you! You decide on the short list of products for that category, and then have a personal shopper tell you what the absolutely best option is for your style, budget and of course due date! Imagine being able to get cool pieces from all over the world, not the same ones your mom-friends do because you shop at the same store!
How does it work?
1. Create an account for free so you can access to all features and products.
2. Create your baby registry. Make it shared and invite your other half to save their favourites too. If you want to send it to guests for say a baby shower later just change to public so they can find you easily.
3. Get a free Stylist who, like a personal shopper, will help you find the best baby product options and quickly.
With furniture and décor products from over 350 companies around the world and $1 shipping, duties included, to Canada and the USA, you’ll be amazed how much time and money you will save with a little guidance in the process.
Happy baby trails
Need more info? Ask a Stylist]]>
Have questions? Ask a Stylist or click for more details.]]>
Enough can’t be said for simplicity. We can’t tell you how many hours we spend looking at furniture per day, and how more often than not we see product that what we’ll term – no sales legs. While there is outrageously priced furniture, there is also a category of furniture that we’re not sure who conceived, or more importantly why. Too often, manufacturers get carried away with their designs and bells & whistles when want people really want is simplicity and some basics.
Allan Copley does a fabulous job at timeless pieces in the contemporary sense – you know, ones that can go from home to home (what a concept!). Check out some of their new products – available for sale on the site soon.
See something you like? Ask a Stylist for more details
Click the image above for details. Have questions? Ask a Stylist]]>